MONUMENT OF THE MONTH

MEGALITHIC MONUMENTS
             OF IRELAND.COM
DECEMBER 2013
Dooghmakeon Cross Inscribed Ogham Stone
County Mayo
This cross inscribed ogham stone was first discovered in 1897 by W.E. Kelly. A local priest, Father McManus,
re-erected the stone, which was then lying flat on the scrub-covered sand hills, close to where it now stands. It is a
blue, limestone slab measuring 1.32m in height, 0.61m in width and 0.15m in depth. The pocked inscription reads
CO-ORDINATES
RMP No.MA095-023002
Hosting by Yahoo Web Hosting
DOOGHMAKEON CROSS INSRCIBED OGHAM STONE, COUNTY MAYO
DRAWING OF DOOGHMAKEON OGHAM STONE, COUNTY MAYO