MEGALITHIC MONUMENTS
    INTERNATIONAL
Nuraghe Palmavera
This monument is built on the southern side of Palmavera hill, approimately 1.2km
from the sea, and consists of a complex plan Nuraghe, surrounded by an outer wall
and a village of roughly 50 huts. In 1904 the complex was explored by the
archaeologist Antonio Taramelli; in 1962 excavation brought to light a part of the
village and some structures were restored. Since 1978 further research has been
carried out on the SW sector of the village and on the hut known as the 'The Hut of
the Reunions'. Archaeological research three phases in the construction from
1,500-700 BC.
LOCATION
Located NW of Alghero, Sardinia
Hosting by Aabaco Web Hosting
Nuraghe Palmavera